Come and meet Nadine, our very talented professional Makeup Artist. She’s here to give us all some great tips on how to stay looking fresh and beautiful throughout 2014.
Nadine works with lots of celebrities and private clients. We know that she is the best at what she does and that is why, if you book a Pregnancy Shoot or a Photo Shoot Party, Nadine is included in the price!
Here are Nadine’s 5 tips for doing better makeup –
1) Foundation colour match is so important. If you prefer a warmer colour you can do this with bronzer or blusher not a darker foundation.
2) Always use brushes to apply your makeup. Then the makeup lasts longer on the skin throughout the day. They are also great for blending and the makeup sits better overall.
3) For photos or events use a matt powder over the foundation to de-shine. The camera really picks up on shine. It’s ok to have a shimmery cheek but always have a matt T-Zone.
4) Wash your own brushes every couple of weeks (at least) in a mild shampoo and water. Get off excess water and leave them flat to dry over night. This is for hygiene and your brushes will last for years if looked after well.
5) To make your eyes look bigger use a lighter eyeshadow in the inner part of each eye and then a darker shadow on the outer part of the eyes.
Nadine also kindly answered some of our questions:
When I was at Art College and we had to decide on an area of specialisation. I began studying the face and it just went from there.
What is the biggest make up ‘no no’ in your opinion?!I think a darker lip liner around your lipstick can look a bit dodgy and a bit dated. Best to go with a neutral colour liner all over your lips or alternatively a matching liner to your lipstick.
The best part about going neutral all over is that when the gloss comes off you have another layer underneath.
Do you do make up for any celebrities? If so are they quite fussy about what you do or do they just let you get on with it?
Yes I do make up for famous people regularly. The only difference with ‘celebrities’ is that they are used to having their makeup done very regularly and so they trust us to get on with the job at hand quickly and with minimal fuss. They also know when they need a bit extra for the cameras.
Do you have a favourite brand of make up?
Mac, Stlia, Bobbi Brown are my favourites but I have a mixture of all brands really. It’s finding what works for you and what suits your skin type. Animal cruelty is a big part of my makeup choice as some of the bigger brands are starting to test on animals again. For clients who are interested in learning more about products, I teach makeup lessons and also take clients on personal shopping experiences so I can even give them a product list of what would suit them! A great valentines present!
What do you most enjoy about being a make up artist?Every day is completely different. I get to meet new and wonderful people all the time. My day can involve everything from being part of someone’s special wedding morning to being on set or at a photo shoot in all sorts of weird and unusual places. The variety is great!
If you would like to find our more about Nadine’s makeup services please visit her website – www.nadinepyke.com